Malachi 3:6

I the Lord do not change.

Doesn't change in what? His opinion? His age? What?!

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• His character does not change! He stays the same. He is the same God that walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden. He is the same God that spoke to Moses at Sinai. He is the same God that heard, and answered, Hannah's prayer. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! (Heb. 13:8) No, He does not change His mind. No, He does not change His opinion. The remainder of the verse contains a clue:

"For I am the LORD, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob."

He is (and always has been) merciful.
    He is (and always has been) full of grace.
    He is (and always has been) LOVE!

I like Numbers 23:19--
    "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?"
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It means that he is still the same god who is described in the old and new testaments. The god who drowned all of humanity--including women, children, infants and the unborn. He is the same god who burned Sodom and Gomorrah to a crisp, including the aforementioned women, children, infants, etc. He is the same god who commanded the Israelites to rip open pregnant women and slaughter "suckling" babies, as well as women and children and innocent animals. He is still the blood-thirsty, insecure tyrant that commanded a death sentence for every offense from picking up sticks on the sabbath to adultery and murder. The question should be, why in the name of sanity would ANYONE want to worship this tempermental despot? I still can't get an answer to that!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• witchqueen I am sorry you feel this way towards God. What denomination were you before you turned away?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 3:17--I was a member of the Church of the Nazarene for nearly 30 years before I saw the light of atheism. And earlier I attended a Southern Baptist church in Arkansas with my grandmother.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2010