Diliated

had a friend go to the doctor they said she was dilated then when she had went back they said it closed back up ..I never heard anything like that before can that happen...But then again it was a health department who knows

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If different people are checking her she will get different results. We think they're so scientific about it, but really, it's all by feel.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It's true that different fingers can get different measurements.
    But it's a sphincter and it's believed that if it is not relaxed it might close.
    I have heard of this happening-- it makes me wonder how the mom felt about the procedure and the person doing it.
    Since it is always optional, she might like to decline future checking offers.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• There is no reason for routine internal checks; they are meaningless and risk infection. Unless there is a real concern, they should keep their fingers to themselves.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 7:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• happytexasCM - why don't you keep your opinions to yourself? No one asked anything about whether or not internal exams are necessary. people like you piss me off, no one cares what you think. some people are curious about how far dilated they are. shut up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010