How many of you end up making more than one meal for dinner?

I am a vegetarian and I make dinner from monday through thursday, Friday and the rest of the weekend everyone is on their own. My kids are adults! but they do not go for the veggie meals so I end up making two meals, what about you??

Asked by older at 8:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • LOL! My 8 year old is vegetarian (following her fathers foosteps) & i support her %100! She has never eaten meat, well...except when she was a baby & obsessed w/ the dog's food...WHOOPS! So yeah, i make 2 meals every single night. I'm no longer with her father, so my DH & i do eat meat regularly. She is easy though & i can usually prepare her dinner during the day & set it aside to warm up later. OR, i'll do that with our meal & warm it up later. I'm very anal with what she eats, i annoyingly make sure she has had adequate protien. Luckily, she has a wide variety of favorite foods. Her favorite being anything w/ Tofu in it, & indian food (palak paner is her all time fav)

I have some great vegetarian recipe's if you're interestred! I was raised vegetarian also, but started eating meat when i curiously tried some BBQ. Weird huh? I'm practically a carnivore now...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Nope, we all eat the same type of foods so I cook and we eat. I hate to cook so I would despise doing more than one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I make 2 diffrent meals a lot of the time too but it's because my DH and kids like stuff that I do not. I'll make them things that I know they will eat and then make myself something else.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Nope..We all eat the same foods here as well although there may be something DH likes and I don't, but if he wants something I don't like he cooks it himself. He will usually eat it along with what I make though and with my kids they are younger 4.5 and 2, but I tell them if I make it they have to eat it if it is something I never made or they never had before I tell them they have to at least try it and if they don't like it I may or may not make them something else if it is something else usually a pb and jelly sandwhich. Sometimes they try to get away with not likeing it so they don't have to eat dinner so most of the time I don't make them a sandwhich I tell them they have to wait until snack time
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Never.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 8:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No not really. I make 1 meal and if my kids don't like it they have the option of heating themself a tv dinner (they are 13, 11). The youngest is given a choice of what we eat, or one of his foods (like a hot dog, cottage cheese or mac & cheese).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I make one meal my family can eat it or make themselves a sandwich. I am not a short order cook. If I was a vegetarian I would still make a meat for my family. Our meals consist of 3-4 vegetables anyway and a 3-4 ounce piece of lean meat. Three days a week our protein is not a meat. I cook 7 days a week and my two adult children don't eat with us they are adults they are responsible enough to live on their own and make their own meals with the exception of Sunday meals or when they are invited over. My two teens are not picky good for them since they would not be coddled like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Nope, but we all pretty much eat the same thing anyways. I think it would be harder if I was a vegetarian though, but then again I don't think I'd be married to the man I am if I was (no offense!). As far as my kiddos go, they eat what's on the table. If they don't eat it, then they don't get anything else, or a snack that night. I won't make my kiddos eat something they do not like though either. For example, my son seriously hates tomatoes, he gags over them. So I won't make him eat them. I know when my kids just want to be picky, or if they really don't like something. Even my 3 yo knows to eat what's on her plate!
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 8:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No but there are times I will when I really want something I know the rest of my family won't eat. Which is very rare.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have a 3 year old and a 10 year old so there was a time when I was making 3 different meals 2 times a day and 3 on weekends!!! Now thank goodness I only cook one and everyone eats!!!! With alot of snacks in between!!
    rayne143

Answer by rayne143 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2010