have you ever bought your kid a toy and they were terrified of it?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not personally, but my little sister for Christmas one year got a ball that was supposed to giggle up and down and bounce around. She was TERRIFIED of it because she thought it was a giant spider lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My daughter has gotten several toys as gifts that she hated. One was a Minnie Mouse doll that crawled across the floor. She couldn't get away from that thing fast enough. She was also terrified of Tickle Me Elmo, the one that rolls around on the ground and gets back up. She would cry every time it was turned on. I didn't think she'd ever play with it.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• haha. Yes. My daughter is afraid of vacuums. A co-worker was getting rid of some so passed on some books and a toy vacuum to me. Well, she took on look at it, still in the bag and freaked!! She's since gotten over it and plays with the toy, but she still not fond of vacuums. I think the toy has helped calm her fears a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Oh, she also has an aligator toy that cralws and snaps. SHe hated that. But when I take the battery out, she loves him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• yes, my girls ended up terrified of noisy toys.

we just ended up taking the batteries out and they loved them.

there was a pooh airplane ride on toy my youngest got too...scared the crap out of her.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My little boy was (at first) scared of a dino that he desperatley wanted for Christmas this year... it was called screecher and it fake snapped and growled! Once he realized it wasn't really going to get him he was all over it though! :)
    Anonymous