my toddler doesnt want to sleep on her bed but on the floor

ok well im having some issues with my 3 year old. We put her in a toddler bed about a year ago and she never sleeps on it.. she brings her blankets over to the door and lays down on the floor. Shes sleeping but im worried. What can I do? *we have tried bed rails, pillows on the floor, extra padding on the bed*

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 8:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My second child did that too. He eventually grew out of it and sleeps in his own bed.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 8:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Pick your battles..this one isn't worth fighting! If shes sleeping and she is happy on the floor let her. Maybe the extra padding on the bed is the problem maybe she likes the hard floor as opposed to the soft bed.
    ChaseyVance

Answer by ChaseyVance at 8:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I agree. Get her a sleeping bag and let her sleep on the floor.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• just let her sleep where she is comfortable. you have given her a bed. that is all you can do.... kids are all individuals with there own feelings. if she isnt hurting anything i would just let it go.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• As long as she is sleeping in her OWN room, I woudln't worry. My daughter will sleep on the floor, in the closet, you name it.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• What is your objection to her sleeping on the floor?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Let her sleep on the floor. Not something that I would worry over. You should learn to fight your battles. This is one that doesn't need to be faught. She will outgrow this phase.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My 13 y/o would rather sleep on the floor. He said beds are uncomfortable....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2010