Starting to exercise... out of breath cause I am overweight, some questions.

What is a exercise to do to help with how fast I get out of breath, it SUCKS, I am chunky, but not horribly, and I know out of shape, hence why I am working out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Work your way up with cardio. Short bursts through the day. Do squats in the shower or while doing dishes or picking up toys. Climb the stairs over and over. Do yoga!
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 8:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You just need to get your endurance up. Do some light cardio (walking, jogging, etc.) for a few weeks and build up. You may find too that once you get over the "Hump" you're okay. I find myself really out of breath starting out but if I just push through it...it gets much better.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Please don't over stress yourself. I wouldn't even attempt any type of cardio other than walking before I worked my way up. Start with stretches, weight training and resistance bands. As you get stronger then go into the cardio exercises. Looking good won't mean anything if you end up giving yourself a heart attack and die.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Just keep doing something. Find something you like and keep at it. You will build up to doing it all with out huffing and puffing :) I started working out 1-4-10 and am finding now that I don't get out of breath as easy!!

I LOVE the Walk Away The Pounds series. eBay has some great deals!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 12:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Ditto on the Walk Away the Pounds I am consider Morbidly Obese so I am very out of shape, and I can do this in home walking DVD! Take it slow.....I also started on my treadmill super slow and am now able to walk at 3mph for my entire workout...I know that might not be much for everyone but I feel great! You can do it!
    Anonymous

• yep...walk away the pounds.

start slow, work your way up....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Work up to it. If you walked 10 minutes today try to go for 15 tomorrow. Never settle. That's really important... change up the speed, the length of time and the exercises you do to make sure you progress. If you workout the same thing all the time you won't improve much at all.
    taylorryan

Answer by taylorryan at 8:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• WATP (Walk Away The Pounds) is an excellent way to help build up your endurance and cardio. You can even try them free. If you have Time Warner Cable or other cable provider with the "On Demand" channels you'll find Leslie Sansone's WATP workouts there (along with dozens of others) FREE anytime on the Exercise On Demand Channel. If you don't have that channel the channel has SOME free workouts (including WATP) right on their website:

www.exercisetv.tv

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• WATP is excellent, give it a try. Start off slow. Good Luck.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• There is a garment that reduces INSTANTLY 2-3 dress sizes when you immediately put it on. Then, while wearing it, you naturally lose weight. No sweating, but your core is pulled tight, increasing your metabolism, naturally burning fat cells. I have lost over 35 pounds from a size 16-18 to a size 10-12. I feel the best ever! I can give you the information if you want. 856.287.5240. There is hope.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 9:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010