High School Scrapbook

I kept a scrapbook of my son from elementary and middle school and those were easy (I bought one specifically for elem. & used a reg. one for MS), but now that I'm starting his hs one, am wondering if anyone can offer advice as to the size or how many? (if that makes sense).

The reason I ask is because I nearly filled his MS one, and that was just 2 years! (7th & 8th) Has anyone done one for hs? Could you fit all 4 years in one? Or should I do 2 separate: 1 for hs & 1 for sr. yr?

Aside from creating it for him, I want to have it completed (or near completion) in time for graduation to display at his party.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would definitely do a separate one for Sr. Year and either combine the first three years into one or do a separate book for each one. Also...I would put lots of envelopes and pockets for memorabilia and journaling (he may want to write some things down to stick in a pocket that wouldn't necessarily be on display every time someone opened the book.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Oh, and I'd do 12 x 12 for sure...it gives the most room for photos and memorabilia and high school seems to be full of both.
    ANGIE409

• Thanks! I do all the envelopes and pockets already, but the journaling idea is great! I also do 12x12's. Sometimes I just feel as though all these scrapbooks are overkill, as I only had 2 growing up that I kept myself -- one that combined elem through hs, and one just for sr. year. But hopefully he'll appreciate it! (my hubby always thinks it's nice and sweet of me that I'm making them, even though they take so much time!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2010