OKay so how do you get vicks vapor rub OUT of a 2 year sol's HAIR!

My DD got out of her bed and put a huge hand full of Vicks in her hair this morning before I knew she was up. I have washed her hair 3 times and it is STILL greasy! Am I just going to have to wait it out or do you have any suggestions?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• any dish soap.just be extra careful around the eyes.that stuff burns like a mf! lol!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I think you'll just have to keep washing it until it comes out. My oldest did that once with Vaseline, I think I had to wash his hair like 6-7 times to get it all out. lol Or...just a thought, but if it's greasy, maybe some vinegar might get it out? Could try it anyway. Just make sure she keeps her head tilted back so it doesn't get in her eyes.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• palmolive dish soap. make sure after u wash her hair with it, to condition it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Okay we just did the dish soap. (I dunno why I didn't think of that!) We will have to wait and see once it dries! I hope it worked. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I will keep this in mind for the future! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• If it didn't work, put corn starch or baby powder in the hair to help absorb the grease. That works well for furniture, walls, and carpet, too ;)
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Hmmm...Well, It's a lot...still a little greasy but it is workable now. I just pulled the clumpy hair back into a Barret. We will wash it again tomorrow. That's enough torture for today I think.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2010