Thousands without power..is it headed your way?

Winter storm..it is headed my way thank God my home is heated with natural gas in case of power outtage.So is it headed your way and if so are you prepared?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Nope, I'm in TX. It's going to get cold but not even as cold as the Dec storm.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• we got about 1/10th inch of ice, and prob a good 5 inches of snow. I'm in Northern AR, thank god it wasnt like last year with a few inch of ice, and no power for two weeks!! still snowing, but im good with that.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Nope for once Iowa is going to miss this storm. My son school has been out 8 full days and 12 half days thanks to weather so glad it is staying south. We are very cold but that isn't a big deal we are always cold and used to it just glad the white stuff is not here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• we got about 1/2 inch of ice on the branches & lines (north OKC), but luckily we didnt lose power! the weathermen were predicting a white death, so we were prepared for the worse, but luckily it turned to sleet so we didnt get too much of the stuff that causes power outages. right now its snowing lightly, beautiful!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have family in north Texas and they were without power yesterday evening and part of the night. They "moved" into my sisters 5th wheel for the night.....8 of them!!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• To OP
    Just curious, what kind of natural gas heating system does not require electricity to function?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• We have stoves anon that run on natural gas..and they do a decent job...plus we use oil lamps for lighting and they to put off a bit of heat..

As for our external furnace we can break out the generator if we have to

all of you ladies keep warm...it hasnt hit my area yet..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Welp its coming down now it is actually very pretty just a light steady fall
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It should be here next OP, I am in SC.. Don't have gas but the house is hooked up to the generator and we have a fire place (wood).. It came in handy a few years ago when we had a ice storm and no power for 5 days...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010