Can you have an option to have a c-section??

the reason why im asking is because im pregnant with my 2nd and after this baby I want to have my tubes tied but they can only do that having a c-section if i have this baby natural im just scared that im not going to be able to get surgery done for the tubes tied!.....

alexethan

Asked by alexethan at 9:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend that delivered vaginaly and then had her tubes tied.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• mine are tied, never had a c section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Having your tubes tied isn't your only option for permanant birth control. You should look into the Essure procedure. It is a non-surgical option. It is an in-office procedure where the doctor inserts tiny coils into your fallopian tubes. After 3 months you tubes become permanantly blocked. It took about 30 minutes and there was very little discomfort.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Talk to you dr. I asked about the possibility of a VBAC this time, but my OB told me there was no reason for me to risk a VBAC and then have them open me up to tie my tubes. She knew I was having my tubes tied after. So talk to your OB and see what they say!

Answer by missanc at 9:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• They don't have to open you right up to do a tubal. It can be done laprascopically, just 3 tiny little pokes needing 1 or 2 stitches each, rather than a big incision. Lots of women deliver vaginally and have the tubal done afterward. You don't need a c/s to have a tubal. And in most cases a vaginal birth is better for you and baby.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• it is healthier for the baby to be developed vaginally and then have tubal ligation later... i would wait until baby is older so you don't have recovery from surgery on top of taking care of a newborn baby. maybe 3 months laterr...?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i've seen it done and you do NOT have to have a c/s to have a tubal. whoever told you that obviously doesn't know what they're talking about or if it's the dr, he just wants to take the easy route for himself.
    http://pregnancy.emedtv.com/postpartum-tubal-ligation/postpartum-tubal-ligation.html this website explains how it is done postpartum. all that is done is a little incision is made at the belly button usually no bigger than a 2" incision is made.
    the only thing about doing this right after birth is that you do (usually) have to give birth in the OR. so, you will only be able to take back 1 maybe 2 other people w/ you. it really depends on what the hospital staff decides. so, start deciding on who you would like back there. they won't allow kids back there.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Have your baby, then have your tubes tied...no c-section needed. I've had 3 c-sections...you don't WANT one. Don't get one unless you NEED one. The recovery is a nightmare.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• thats not true , y mil got her tides tube 5 yrs after she deliver. . why would youw nat a c-section. you dont need one. they can tide our tubes thru the vagina. am getting my tide when am 25.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had my last child vaginally, and then wheeled to the OR a few hours later to have my tubes tied. They did not open me up, it was a small incision under my belly button and that was it. I think it was a total of 3 stitches. I had an epi with the birth so they left in place for the tubal, I was awake the whole time. Also the recovery of the tubal after birth is so much easier. I was sore for a few days and that was it.. The pain meds they gave me was strong enough to help but did not effect my son that I was breastfeeding.. If your Dr. is telling you that you need a c-section to get your tubes tied.. well I would find a new Dr.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2010