Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I move to where my ex-husband lives for the kids?

I currently live about 600 miles away from my childrens father. My family is here and I thought it would be the best. He is asking me to move us to where he is at and I'm not sure if wanting them in each other's lives is the best reason to do this.

Answer Question

Asked by H.Cruz at 9:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I think he should move closer to you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • Who lived where first?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • I used to live there and early last year when we started having problems I moved to Ohio.

    Answer by H.Cruz at 11:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • I would think if he goes to court for visitation and you live that far then he could get them for extended periods of time during the summer/winter break. I'd rather live closer and be able to keep a closer eye on them. I'm also surprised the courts LET you move, since a lot of times they mandate that you have to stay in the area.

    Answer by missanc at 12:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • nope - if you live near your fam that is where you should stay, but he can move to where you all are

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • Well I moved before we divorced and before the custody issue was settled, he has no visitation being that they are so small and hes so far away. Just think it might be better for all of them to be closer

    Answer by H.Cruz at 6:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.