c section scheduled for feb 12th in the am ??????

so my baby boy will be born on feb 12th in the morning the very first c section was wondering what was going to happen? 3rd baby 1st i pushed 2nd was aan emergency an now this one is scheduled would be nice to hear what will happen the morning of the c section thanks

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All three of my babies have been scheduled c-sections. Here's how it goes for me....I'd go register or I had preregistered. Get in a room and get hooked up to a fetal monitor. They'll take blood, start the IV, do the catheterization, shave the incision site, ask you a blue million questions. The doc and anesthesiologist comes by for a visit. Then you hurry up and wait. You'll go back to a pre op room before you go into surgery and then for the big show. They do the spinal block and once you are good and numb, Dad can come in. Next you have a baby! Hope everything goes smoolthy for you and you have a wonderful experience. Congrats on your baby! Best wishes.

Casey
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I don't know if it works differently in different hospitals, but at mine when I got there they put me in a triage room where I changed into a hospital gown, they took my blood pressure, put some compression socks on me, asked me some questions, the anesthesiologist came in (i'm not sure if that's standard, but i grew up with him). Then they wheeled me down the hall to the OR, my husband went to change into his hospital gown at this point and then met me in the OR, they administered the anesthesia and then the dr came in, checked to be sure it was working, cut me open, pulled the baby out, showed me the baby then took him into a glassed in room adjacent to the OR while they cleaned him up. We all went together to the recovery room, where I nursed him and then we were transferred to our room fairly soon.

Answer by missanc at 10:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I agree with missanc for the most part. Sounds pretty similar to my scheduled c-section. I was put in a gown, then laid in bed with a monitor on and compression socks. I think they hook up an ivy then too. My c-section was right on time. They wouldn't let my husband in the room while I was being prepped. They did the spinal first, then laid me down, put the sheet up, lifted my gown up all the way. As my legs went numb, they did the catheter. Then they brought my husband back in. They started cutting and pulled her out, cleaned her off, showed her to me and then took her to the nursery to do all the weighing and whatever else it is they do. Then when I was in the recovery room they brought her to me to nurse her. It is so weird knowing exactly when you will have your baby. That is of course assuming you don't go into labor before then. Good luck!
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i had a scdueld, but she came early, but they say you cant ear the 12hrs before. and if a emerengy comes in youll get stuck waiting longer, as u no its common to have peopel push you out of line for a emerency, just be patient when you get there
    Anonymous