Will I ever get pass this?

My boyfriend just told me he loves his ex but she doesn't want him and he's going to try and win her back and broke up with me. I'm due with our baby in less than 2 months and I can't stop crying. I know he's not worth it but the only way I'm going to feel better is when I see my little baby and hold her. I can't get over this? He told me through a text in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. She lives 10 hours away from mus by the way so I don't know how he can fall in love with her through talking on the phone and because they share a baby? I don't know?

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• hugsHe's a spineless jerk. What kind of man breaks up by txt in the middle of the night when his pregnant gf is sleeping? He's showing his true colors. You would think he would have told you he's still in love with his x before he planned a family with you! He should hook up with my x. Mine told me after having 3 kids together that he was leaving me bc he didn't want kids!!!! WTF are these men thinking? Have they no communication skills other than with their mini-him? Not sure what to say to make you feel better so will just send a hug.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• sometimes guys can't handle rejection. The rejection they get just makes them try harder to 'win' what they cannot get. You're right, he is certainly not worth it, but i do understand why you feel this way. If his ex is smart, then she will make him take a hike. He may just end up a lonely fella, & do yourself a favor & don't take him back when he comes crawling. Do not be his second choice, don't be his door mat & don't be the woman that he felt he had to 'settle' with. Don't ever be that woman, you will be miserable forever & he will most likely leave you again when he finds someone else. You're going to have to suffer the pain & grow stonger & smarter from all of this. It's a blessing really that he is gone. I know you're hurt, but you also deserve better. Let the pain flow, cry all that you must. You WILL get over this, all things do pass. Just stay focussed on your baby for now. GOOD LUCK!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• *HUGS* I'm soooo sorry that he is putting you through this! Words cannot describe a man, excuse me, male like him. Oh my goodness I don't even know what to say! I'm angry for you! What kind of man leaves his pregnant gf for a stupid ex, let alone via text message? He wasn't man enough to tell you to your face, what a pu$$y! I never use that word, but it's fitting for scum like him. I don't know how to tell you to get over this because I can only imagine the pain you're going through. Just stay strong for you and your beautiful baby girl. When you're stressed, she's stressed, so try to stay as calm as possible for her sake. Time will eventually heal this wound and you'll have your baby in your arms in no time. I'm keeping you both in my prayers.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Don't even try to understand him. He was a mistake. Chalk it up to a learning experience and really don't let it stress your baby. How do you get over it? Don't think about him except when you are filling out the paperwork for child support. He will probably try to worm his way back to you so he doesn't have to pay for the child he helped you make and don't you be a fool for a second. You are better than this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You deserve better than him, and so does your baby. Don't ever think that you deserve what he did to you, but count it as a blessing. He could have waited until after their relationship had gone even further, and you would have an even harder time leaving his sorry butt.

My parents married because they were pregnant with me. My father spent both their wedding night and the night I was born in the bed of another woman (along with countless other nights, and they weren't all the same woman). It took my mom years to see that being married to the father of her children wasn't worth being married to him and all his rotten habits.

Good luck on this hard journey.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You sound very young and I would imagine he is too. You need to move on with your life you have a child on the way and have to put that child first. Boys and men are not something you need to be worried about right now. If you find real love down the road that is great but you have a long way to go right now you have a baby that will need you and you need to put yourself on the list and take care of you. Don't settle for a boy you wait and be a strong woman you will find a strong man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Move on. I know it's hard but learn from this and don't make the same mistake again. Men like this or no good and wondering why is just going to cause more pain. He is saying he wants to win someone else over so let him and move on. Don't be 2nd best.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• you will get past it and be a stronger person for it..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 9:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010