Who has experience with on post housing waiting list?

My husband just decided 70 days out from deployment to get on post housing. His heart is in the right place. But if we don't get approved before he deploys he says well owe the rest of the lease. I just wanted to get some actual wait times from people. We qualify for a 3 bedroom E4-E6. They state there is a 1-3 month wait. Any reason to believe we can get in by 2 months.

walkingmom514

Asked by walkingmom514 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Dh and I had a 3 day wait... but I was 36 weeks pregnant, just moved from another state, living in lodging and we got the first house they offered. It was clearly built in the '40's, falling apart (heat goes out, and the toilet flushes when it feels like it). I've had friends wait 6 mos for a house onpost they were told different time frames at the same time.... really, can't expect much from Army. All depends on availability, who's coming, who's going. GL! I hope you get it before he deploys!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• We've lived in lots of military housing over the yrs, and honestly, it's really going to depend on your base. I'm not sure that his being deployed or not is going to affect the lease though - either they're going to let you out of it with the military clause or they won't. Unless you're planning to use his deployment orders to activate the military clause.

Honestly, I would take your lease into the housing office and ask them if you're going to be able to get out of it or not.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2010