Body Wash(liquid bath soap) OR Bar Soap? Which do you use and Why??

Just curious. I hate the good old mystery hairs that get stuck to Bar soap. Whick one do you use and why???

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 10:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Body wash and for the same reason! lol Even though it's soap, it just doesn't seem clean if everyone else is using it lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Dh and I use liquid soap because we both get our own "smell" as he calls it. He can use guy stuff, and I get extra moisturizer for my smoother skin! Plus the bar (i find) leaves a residue on the side of the tub or wherever you leave it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My son's Dr. said bar soap can pick up bacteria sitting there in a wet soap dish, so I prefer a body wash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I prefer bodywash, for one I have super dry skin, and bar soap just dries me out even more. Plus bodywash always smells a LOT better!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• We have both in our house.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• body wash for 2 reasons. one, i have super dry skin & need a completely scentless moisturizing soap (while DH likes his to smell like guy). two, i like using a loofah cause i feel so much cleaner than when i use a washrag, and its really hard to use bar soap w/ a loofah.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• SO & I use body wash...I like it cause it smells better, the smell lasts longer, and I just feel cleaner using it. My kids use bar soap, b/c the one time I bought them body wash, they poured the entire bottle into the bath. When they get a little older and a little more trustworthy with it, they'll use body wash.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I use the liquid body wash. I find there's less waste in what just sort of disintegrates in the shower (plus I think a slimy soap bar is gross). Also, with the type of washcloths we use (we use "scrubbies" and the coarsely woven exfoliating washcloths), the liquid soap works better.

I agree about the mystery hair thing though - that would be gross to find on the soap, but since we all use a different soap (my dh and I share a bathroom and our 2 teenagers share a bathroom. My dh and ds use the same sort of soap, but different showers, so we need 2 bottles. My dd and I each have a soap that we prefer.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• body wash, I get enough of my hub's scum so I only use soap if I forgot to stock up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• body wash here also. I can't stand the slimy bar soap.
    Hanaas_mommy

Answer by Hanaas_mommy at 11:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2010