• In the Spotlight:

If I was Rh+ in my first pregnancy, am I this pregnancy?

my understanding is that this is something constant, as is my blood type, but I really am not sure.

thanks :-)

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ok i just heard back from the office i went to w/ my first pregnancy and they said it does not change!!!! right after i posted this question... so i guess just if anyone disagrees... :)
    thanks!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• http://anthro.palomar.edu/blood/Rh_system.htm
    this may help
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• great ! thanks. i am rh+, and since that is dominant, baby will be rh+ too!!! great news.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• actually your baby could be Rh - if you carry one positive and one negative and the daddy has at least one negative. But it won't interfere with your pregnancy. Rh+ moms are always safe. If you have an Rh- daughter her gpregancies will have to include the treatment for that if she has a positive baby followed by a second positive baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Answered at 10:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Anonymous
    actually your baby could be Rh - if you carry one positive and one negative and the daddy has at least one negative. But it won't interfere with your pregnancy. Rh+ moms are always safe. If you have an Rh- daughter her gpregancies will have to include the treatment for that if she has a positive baby followed by a second positive baby.

doh thanks that's even in that link, the percent chances of having + or - :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• it is bart of your blood type, it will never change. example: my blod type is b- which means i am rh neg. and i have to get the rhogam (sp?) shot at 28 weeks in every pregnancy, and after birth if the baby is rh+, like my daughter is.nothing will ever change that.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I'm rh+ dh is rh- I had to get the lovely shot of rhogam in the last trimester.

my girls were +, - and +.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Correct, your personal Rh factor will not change, although depending upon Dad's Rh factor, Rhogam may still be a necessity.
    Anonymous

• im rh- and it sucks lol you lucky your rh + i hate getting the shots they burn lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010