how does a single teen mom without a job afford 450.00 rental apartment

Why should my taxes pay for a unemployed teen mom rent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe you should look at all the other stupid shit your taxes are paying for. Ya, know like a new Camero for the police departments because they need faster cars...please their is a lot of dumb shit we pay for.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• riighhhtt...it's all YOUR taxes paying this girl's rent. Maybe you should mind your own business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• U should be happy that's she not sleeping on the street. Her kids have a bed to sleep in,a table to eat on,a tub to wash in.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 11:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Apply for assistance. Like fir instance WIC program and some others that apply to her. I applaud her for being a working mom, there are not many of them out there.
    jerrysgrinch

Answer by jerrysgrinch at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• like officerdouglas said

Would you rather have her live on the streets?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• um your bitching cuz a teen mom has a home!! why diont you buitch about soemthing else. am sure they are worse things. and how do you no she isnt getting any help
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• How do you know how much her rent is? How do you know her boyfriend/parents aren't paying for it? Mind your own damn business.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Oh please. Your using the "taxes" excuse to have a hold on people. Thats complete bull shit. Its none of your damn business. Its not YOUR money. Its the GOVERNMENTS money. You gave it to them now it becomes the governments property. Deal with it or stop paying.
    Anonymous

• I don't want them living on the street, but there SHOULD be some sort of time frame so that this mom WILL get a job. What about FAMILIES who are out of work for one reason or another. I don't know of any program other than maybe welfare or w/e that pays for all of that.
    It sucks that we have to pay taxes that go toward things that we don't agree with, etc. but unfortunately we don't control that, and I just like to pretend sometimes that my tax dollars (TAKEN FROM OUR PAYCHECKS...EARNED BY US!!!) go toward things that I think matter or agree with.
    The thing is... it isn't going to change. But teen moms, and even other moms etc, need to be educated and WORKING, not mooching off the government etc. It makes me think of the people outside of wal mart holding signs to give them money. Really? Because I see a sign in the Taco Bell window that says HELP WANTED...
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• wow...I have applied at I don't know HOW many fast food laces- cleaning jobs- school lunch lady jobs-Walmart and countless other stores- on and on and STILL cannot find a DAMN JOB. People can preach all they want- but honestly- I have taken gov. help in the past and now we don't- who is to say she won't get a job/ get a better education...
    There are a LOT of things the government spends money on that are so rediculous but it is what it is- I would rather have some of it going to help someone than not. And what about the baby? shouldn't it have a stable home and it's BIRTH mother?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2010