We're finally going to do it!

SO and I are going to start exercising and eating better. I don't want us to go on some crazy diet or anything, I just want to start cooking better and working out. Can anybody suggest any cookbooks with healthy recipes that are delicious and my family will eat it? I have 3 young boys who have gotten used to eating not so healthy meals that I usually cook, mostly for convenience so I need recipes that kids will like too. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• omg! wow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_eating_kids
    This site has a lot of kid friendly recipies
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Richard Simmons all the way!
    His cookbooks take the approach that there are some things you can eat everyonce in a while, and other things to eat more often. So you don't have to feel like you're so much on a 'diet'.
    You don't have to do a overnight change, gradual works better. I'd axe the processed and convenince foods as quick as possible.
    I cut veggies and onions&freeze in small bags. So much easier to eat better when it doesn't feel like a big chore.
    Do your boys like Chinese type food? that seems like a easier way to introduce the veggies, when they are mixed into things and seasoned for taste rather than just trying to eat things like plain broccoli.
    I found that a lot of the 'non fat' or low fat was making me gain weight by how it's made. So I just cut back on the amount of regular stuff used. I gained weight using margarine and lot with small amounts of butter. Hershey choc syrup has no fat- good treat!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• check out Tosca Reno's Clean Eating! its based on healthy foods, and how you eat them - small meals a few times a day instead of 3 big meals.

i went clean and its totally changed my life (haven't lost much weight but its healing a skin condition - dh though has lost about 20 pounds)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Very exciting! Start with your local library.

Here are a couple of great links: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html www.fatfreevegan.com

Answer by rkoloms at 12:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• daniellecooks.wordpress.com

A lot of quick easy meals made from food, not boxes.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010