moby wraps for older babies/toddlers?

my 10 month old DD loves to be carried around in a carrier. my older two didnt, so i never put much thought into the carrier i bought when i was preggo with my 3rd. now that she has completely outgrown the front carrier i have, i would like to find something else. im really liking the moby wrap. it allows me to carry her in the front, back, and hip, which is exactly what im looking for, and the price isnt bad either ($40, compared to other carriers ive looked at that are $100+). but i dont know much about the moby wraps! is it a good idea? is it worth it? does it work well for older babies (17lbs and up)?? any input would be greatly appreciated!

LKLMommy

Asked by LKLMommy at 11:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd recommend a wrap that has no stretch.

I still wrap my youngest for long walks and hikes - she's 3. She loves it, when we were camping when she was 1 and 2 - I'd wrap her to get her to nap.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Like PP said, you'd really need a non-stretch wrap. Like this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36814755&ref=sr_gallery_14&&ga_search_query=baby+wrap&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=4&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2010