When to start potty training my daughter?

I have a 2 month old baby girl. And I was just looking into when would be a good time to start trying to potty train her. Diapers are expensive and Im a single parent, so not spending so much on diapers would help A LOT.

Meana09

Asked by Meana09 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• These are the questions to ask. I know she is only 2 months, but, unless she shows all of these signs...she will be harder to train and it will take longer.

Can she use words to express the need to go? (she won't at first, but, the ability helps)
    Can she pull his pants up and down? (Again, she won't at first, but, the ability helps)
    Can she stay dry through naptime/at least two hours?
    Will she sit on the potty, big or little?
    Is she at all scared of it?
    Does she seem even slightly interested in it/intrigued by it?

If she shows all of these signs, then, chances are she is ready to try. Be consistant and constant. If you can, set aside a week for this specifically. Lose the diapers and got straight to big girl undies. Praise her and expect setbacks. Day will come before night training. Don't give up. It shouldn't take very long at all if she cooperates. Good Luck.
    delete your answer
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Well sometime around 2 or 3 yrs of age. It all depends on each child and ther development.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• 4 years
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My DD was potty trained before she was 2, but my DS wasn't until he was around 3. Point is it depends on the kid. When I first started with my DD, I would give her something to drink then wait about 10-15 minutes and then I would put her on the potty. I would sing songs with her, just keep her entertained so she would stay sat. The first time she peed she was so surprised and excited. It was precious. She really took to it, after the first time she wanted to sit in there all the time. My son was lazy and didn't want anything to do with it. Girls are so much easier to potty train than boys!!! Just don't push it!!!
    tishalb

Answer by tishalb at 11:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• btwn 18 & 32 months is the ideal time to start training, however if your child shows no interest or is behind developmentally, it will typically take longer, sometimes much longer.
    Anonymous