Can you describe your church?

This was a question yesterday that got pushed rather quickly. I enjoyed reading the few responses.

Would anyone else like to describe their church? or even post a picture? you can always post a picture anonymous if you want.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I go to New Hope Christian church in the Denver area. I love it. It's a casual, come as you are church. We are pretty small and money is always very tight, but the people are friendly and awesome and would help anyone out at the drop of a hat. Here is their website. www.gothope.cc

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i dont go to church. churches are all about money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• OK, thanks for your answer. You have a lovely day.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 11:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• your welcome, u have a good day too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I go to Lighthouse Baptist Church. There are usually 300 people there on any given Sunday. It reminds me of high school. There are the cheerleaders, the salesmen, the loners, etc. I enjoy it.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I go to Shepherd's Heart Christian Fellowship...for now. It's my mother's church and I've been going since they started(though not as regularly as I should). My DF and I want to start going to church together as a family, and I've been feeling like it's time to move on from SHCF for a while. SHCF is non-denominational charismatic with a leaning towards pentecostal, but its...quite frankly, VERY white and suburban. NOTHING wrong with that, but I want us to go to a church with more soul and more lively worship. Not for entertainment, but it's easier to enter in to worship when you're feeling the music. You wouldn't expect a kid used to screamo to rock out to some country classic hymns...
    Anonymous

• Ok here goes, Sunday Morn I go to my childhood church., Presbyterian.Built in 1890, beautiful stain glass windows, elderly pastor most folks going are also the same generations, we have something like 15/20 on normal Sunday. We are holding on until God takes them home. Big supporter of missions, very Bible believing. Sunday nights I teach at a General Baptist church have 45, fifth,sixth and seventh graders with average attendance of 20 kids in my class around 90-100 in all classes. Wed night I attend a Bible study at a United Methodist church where we have about 15 studying God's word, right now in Genesis. I consider all 3 my church since I consider the church a group of believers who are worshiping God together wherever the happen to be.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 12:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I go to Blazing Fire Church in Pleasanton, Ca  who is NOT about money but about His Love and His Grace! We are like a family and there is a lot of laughter and togetherness there. We strive to encourage and uplift each person there. website is www.blazingfire.org

It is casual come as you are atmosphere and you are family the first time you come.. there is no hoops to jump through to be IN you are already in the day you arrive.

There are podcasts available to listen to if you are interested.  We are covered by Bethel Church in Redding, Ca.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I attend a kingdom hall. There are no statues or crosses. Where our elder speaks is on a small platform, behind him are three plaques with a scripture on it, one in french, russian and english, we have 3 different meetings for people who only speak those languages. chairs, windows with drapes, some flowers. Then theres an overflow room, usually mommies with rather active children sit there, i'm one of them, lol. It's nice, clean and serene.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• http://cfweb.cc.ysu.edu/sacredlandmarks/images_500/p550FourMileRunRd500.jpg

our kingdom hall looks similar to this one, in the summer theres pretty landscaping. i hope i did the link right, im new to it, lol

proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2010