Have you ever been to Bar Harbor, Maine?

I am hoping to go there for our 10 yr anniversary. Any suggestions for bed and breakfasts or things to do appreciated. I am thinking of going biking, seeing the sunrise at cadillac mountain, shopping, not sure what to do in the water, has anyone tried the whalewatching tours?

chrisnjoesmom

Asked by chrisnjoesmom at 11:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Travel

• its not a clean place. but have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• we went there on our honeymoon, can't remember the name of the B&B, but there are tons in the area. There is a local brewery that does tours, Acadia National Park and lots of whale watching/sailing tours. What time of year are you going?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• filthy place, depending where u go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• We want to go in August.
    chrisnjoesmom

Answer by chrisnjoesmom at 12:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I've been there. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    They do not allow people on the top of Cadalac Mountain anymore. Do to.. Falcons I believe nesting. This was reported last year. I don't know if it's only seasonal that they do not allow people up there anymore, or if it's year 'round.

We stayed in Marlboro, Maine (I believe) at a friend's beach cabin, so I don't know of any B&B's.

We went Whale Watching and it was SOOOOO worth it. Seriously, there were soo many great shots of Whales. I really wish I had brought my camera. The Hubbs and I plan on going next summer!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We went last year (mid-July) and were able to go up to the top of Cadillac. And I didn't find it filthy at all. I'm not sure where that came from. Anon - are you referring to hotels that were filthy or the streets, beaches etc? I'm just a little confused because that wasn't my experience at all.

http://www.acadiamagic.com/ is a great website for all sorts of things in the area. Have fun! It's beautiful there!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2010