Are you a hermaphrodite? Do you know one?

1 in 2,000 babies are born hermaphrodites. You can answer anonymously if you want, but can you share how you feel about it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not one...and if I know someone who is I don't know that they are.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I know 2.....they were both raised as girls. Only one decided that he was really more male than female. The other still feels more female. They both went trhough some male and some female puberty.
    Both are kind and wonderful people. They made me realize that if I ever had a child born a hermaphrodite, that I would raise them neither boy nor girl until they decided on their own. since they are both. I wouldn't force a sex on them. Same thing as if they are born and you can't really tell.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I am not, and do not. But I always feel so horrible for those that are born that way. It's so sad how many of the parents feel they have the right to choose for their child. I could never do that. Hell, I have two non-hermaphrodite boys and they have "girls" toys and such... I just hope I would be aware enough to know if one of my kids were having issues like these...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I just want to know why this is under religion and beliefs when it has nothing to do with that. It is an unfortunate and difficult circumstance for those people, but ultimately they are born with both parts and eventually have to decide which to be... I don't think that God will judge them on that.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Im not one but I knew one, havent seen him in years though. Met him on my mission.

Dont really have an opinion though. Just is what it is and I hope they find happiness like everyone else.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010