heart rate while working out..

I'm 18 years old
5''4 and about 152 pounds
I don't have any issues with blood pressure
I'm not sure about my cholesterol levels

From the time I was little to about age 14 exercise was a rarity, when I turned 14 I had a slight eating disorder (I ate very rarely, and took supplements religiously and did just a bit of exercise) I ended up dropping 75lbs in one summer.

I got pregnant at 17 and didn't work out during my pregnancy and if i'm being honest...I didn't eat very healthy either (I ate a lot and fast food was a regular) I gained 50 pounds.

Well now, 4 months after having my daughter I've been eating much healthier and I've been working out 4-5 days a week. I did this last week and this week. But my heart rate goes insanely high w. even light exercise. If I exert myself at all it's up to 200bpm in no time and it feels like it's gonna bust outta my chest.

Could I have a heart problem? Any advice to help with th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• What is your normal resting heart rate like? Is it elevated? Maybe you are at the beginning of sickness?

I would take it easy for a few days and slow down your workouts. Its difficult to say unless I knew exactly what you were doing but my first thought would be you may be getting sick you just don't know it apart from the heart rate. Any elevation in heart rate is a sign to slow down or REST.

I would take it easy.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2010