He took a bite out of my raw ground beef!

Will my toddler get sick? should I go get his stomach pumped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He will probably be fine. My daughter took a bite out of a tube of raw sausage when she was a toddler and it didn't make her sick (totally grossed me out though).
    Anonymous

• As long as it was fresh, he will be fine. He just had his first taste of Steak Tartar.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• he will be fine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Wow . . . that's gross, but he should be fine! I bet he won't do that again! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It's only Steak Tartar if it's eaten immediately after coming out of the meat grinder...the stuff we buy on the shelves...? Eh...not so fresh, oxidation happens, and other yucky stuff...google it...ewww...but getting his stomach pumped? Naw, that's a little extreme. I'm guessing he'll be just fine, but clove tea will rid the digestive track of parasites, I'd get some down him one way or another for the next few days if it were my kid...
    Anonymous

• Cranberry Juice is also good for keeping the system clear of any bacteria thats ingested. Unless he starts complaining of bad stomach upset or trouble going potty, he should be just fine and he now knows not to do that again! LOL
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• ewww. well at elast you know he might grow up to be on tv as one of thsoe survival guys. am sure he wil be fine. i agree with mom2boyzndad(love the screenname).
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• If it was fresh and you were going to cook it for the family, it won't hurt him. It's not something you want to encourage or repeat, certainly, but it's not spoiled and it's not chicken or pork--which MIGHT be possibly harmful, it's beef. Stomach pumped--are you serious? If you are that scared why didn't you call the poison control center?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• stomache pumped? wow --- NO if he cant digest it he will puke it... we can eat raw meat and live.... dont worry. he will be FINE!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2010