Would you take this chick back as a friend?

I had a friend who I was very close to. The only issue I had with her was that she was truly mean to her kids. I told her this one day, that she had an anger problem, and she flipped out on me (surprise!) anyhow, she ended up doing lots of psycho things since then, like emailing me pretending to be her teenage son, saying how I sure hurt "his" mom bla bla bla. Anyway, she sent me an email apologizing. What do I say? I am still so furious with her for the lies she said about me and she also took everything I had ever told her in confidence and lied and twisted it around, while telling who ever she wanted. I want to go off on her but don't want to give her the satisfaction. What would you do?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, let her go. She probably just wants to get back into your life to make you miserable. Dont fall for it. I had a friend like that and I let her go for good. Your better off without a friend like that in your life.
    Anonymous

• ignore her.
    Anonymous

• Not good friend material imo...don't allow toxic people in your life...apology or no, she's shown you her true colors and they're damn ugly..I wouldn't bother going off on her if it were me...but sometimes we need to do that for closure....?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• dont bother! i think that there are people that we come across and make great friends with! but friendship is like any other relationship sometimes you just have to let them go! just keep postive good people as friends and if she miss treats her kids she more than likely wont treat you any better!
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Lol, seems like we have the same friend.. Lol
    I'd call her out on the lies and all of the things she said about you then ask her why would you wanna be friends with someone like her, lol. & then just end it there and see if she says anything back. but that's just me. I've been through something like that already. The girl and I are still friends; only because my SO & her SO are still friends. Good luckk.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 12:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No, I wouldn't. In fact, if I were in your situation, I would probably stomp her out. That's what happens to people who talk shit!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Possibly. Maybe you both have apologizing to do, you shouldn't tell her how to treat her kids, how would you feel if she told you how to treat yours?
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon 10:07am. Sorry, but instead of pointing out her problem, perhaps you should have offered help instead. You BOTH have some apologizing to do.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 1:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• RUN as fast and as far as you can.

Anonymous

• Time to let her go. Why would you want that kind of craziness and negativity in your life?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2010