how do you get teens motivated

I have tried everything i can think of .I've bribed them with there favorite things ,grounded them from there favorite things , come up with all the encouragement i can think up .Dose any one know the secert of teenagers ?

livingwithlove

Asked by livingwithlove at 12:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Teenagers are only interested in doing things they're interested in. If they are REALLY into skate boarding, then say "If you clean your room I'll drop you off at the skate board park." One thing about teenagers is they're still children, so sometimes you have to treat them like children. If you grounded them for a week and that didn't work, then tell them "You will not be allowed to even see your skateboard until you start doing what I ask." Tell them that responsibility and doing what they're told leads to them gaining priviliages. NOTHING is garunteed, and NOTHING is free. They're not owed a darn thing just because they were born. - My children will know that and already do. That everything they have that entertains them is only their's because they do their chores and get good grades. As soon as the chores don't get done or the grades drop, everything they enjoy gets taken away. Repo mom, yes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• teens are tough . they think they know it all and they dont . they do not want answers they need direction but not from you . they think as an adult you are the most dumbest person in the whole wide world . how could they have such stupid parnets . no one else has this problem . other kids mom and dad are cool .
    sugarsmom2

Answer by sugarsmom2 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010