spin off...

Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?"

Isnt Jesus suppose to be God as man (Philippians 2:6-8)?
didnt God say he would never leave or forsake - then Jesus asked when dying on the cross why has tho foresaken me?
I dont get it? How do I connect it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes Jesus is God. He was robed in flesh, when he said "why hast thou forsaken me", that was his flesh talking.
    Anonymous

• So does all man have the same frame of mind, because of our flesh or human nature?
    Anonymous

• Not all Christians believe Jesus was actually God. I know I personally don't. There is, and always has been, debate over the nature of Christ, so there has always been different opinions in respect to Jesus and His alleged divinity.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i dont believe that Jesus is God, i do believe that he is Gods son. even that scripture you gave says he was Gods form then took a servants form thats telling me that he was like God but not equal, then he was like a servant.
    Anonymous

• Jesus is God. But that doesn't mean that God is Jesus nor that God is a man. God is a trinity - one Supreme Being with three distinct, divine persons. He has always existed that way. So Jesus isn't God as a man - He is the God the Son who took on human form and is both fully human and fully divine. There is is till God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

And on the cross Jesus is not saying God has forsaken him. He's quoting from Psalm 22 which prophesied His suffering and death. He probably continued the Psalm in silence. Read the Psalm in full and you will see that Jesus did not think that His Father had given up on him but rather showed confidence in the Father despite immense suffering.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010