How to start an at home daycare?

I am trying to find ways to make more money. I am currently substitute teaching, but obviously that isn't cutting it. I need more...and I am not just talking about money. I have thought about running a daycare from my home, but not sure what all I would need to do? I have an 18 month old. I could have kids get on and off the bus for school. The bus comes around 7:30am and drops off around 4pm. So, for those kids they wouldn't be here much. I have no idea how much to charge or anything. I love kids and I have a large house. I would want to start with a few kids and work my way up so that I could get adjusted. I only have a small car, so I would be stuck at home once kids were here. I know in general places go from 6am to 6pm....should i offer breakfast?? i know i would need to do AM snack for all day kids and PM snack for those getting off the bus. I guess any advice would be great!

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well find out what your regulations are for your state. What you need for lienced or unliecned childcare. find out what other childcares are charging in your area. You will and should provide breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch, afternoon snack. You don't have to go anywhere with the kids in the car. Go to parks close to you. have fun and have picnics in your back yard and find alot of fun things they can do outside(side walk chaulk, swings, slides ect....) Good luck
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Go to your state website and look up the regulations. You will need a daycare license, which requires a home inspection. Then you figure out your rates and talk to the mom's in your area about whether they need a babysitter or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2010