Did your kids ever eat anything that wasn't food?

My daughter put a blue Crayola marker in her mouth today. Her entire mouth was blue for like an hour LOL.

I also went to school with some kids that ate chapstick like candy. Gross.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son used to floss his teeth with hair and chew on lint. He tried eating a scented non-toxic marker once, until he discovered it did NOT taste as good as it smelled. Darn toddlers with their telescoping arms! I SWEAR I did NOT leave stuff w/i his reach!!
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My 3 yr old is much much better now but she used to eat crayons, paper, anything not food related...most esp. paper though. I've picked crayon out of her teeth countless times. I mentioned it to our doctor & she seemed pretty unconcerned about it. I never had a kid before that tried to eat so much stuff! When she was still in diapers she pooped out paper that was still shaped like the corner of the pages of the book she had eaten!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My oldest son used to try to eat the dry cat food at my Moms house. We finally started hollering when we walked in the door "Pick up the cat bowl"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• All kids expieriment with inedible objects. My son tried to chew on crayons, a marker, he tore wall paper off the wall and chewed on that, he puts just about anything he finds in his mouth first. He licked the wall at the apartment we used to live at, licked the carpet. If I didn't know any better I would worry about my son's mental help. lol But he has grown out of it mostly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My daughter has a thing for paper. She loves to tear it up and put it in her mouth. Needless to say we try to put it out of reach but since she has learned how to climb it's pretty useless. She's not as bad now as she was a few months ago so it does get better with age.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• His boogers! YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Besides dirt, crayons, an earthworm, and playdough? NO.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• yep
    play dough, crayons, and soap bubbles
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• paper, crayons, then his nails, toe nails and snot bleh
    Anonymous

• yeah....

if it fits my youngest has chewed on it. driving me up the wall - neither of the other two did it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010