Was Jesus "created"?

Im wondering after have read over a few verses was Jesus created rather than incarnated.
He was born, like all others, and I have heard him refered to as the second Adam.

So do you think that Jesus was created? Why/why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say created since Mary was a virgin. Man could you image her now a days. Coming on here trying to explain she got pregnant without intorcourse or IVF. I could not image even going through that and trying to get to understand God did it. Know days I would be threw in a loony bin.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• he was with God in heaven first and then transferred to Mary's womb where he was born.
    Anonymous

• No Jesus has always existed as the God the Son, the second person of the Holy Trinity. He is not a created being.

Jesus as the "new Adam" is demonstrates typology found throughout the bible (not that Jesus was created like Adam was created). Christ is the new Adam, the last Adam. The first Adam was disobedient which resulted in original sin. Jesus was obedient, and his obedience of course is what makes our salvation possible. It was in a garden where Adam refused to obey. Jesus bared that curse in a garden. The tree in the Garden of Eden was the wrong tree. The cross, the right tree.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• "...We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end... "
    Anonymous

• continued from Anon 2:14

Jesus is God, as is the Holy Spirit (Blessed Trinity). Through the Holy Spirit's work, he was born a man, but he was not created. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit existed in the beginning, they exist as one now, and they always will exsist as God in 3 persons.
    Anonymous

• Jesus is God, as is the Holy Spirit (Blessed Trinity). Through the Holy Spirit's work, he was born a man, but he was not created. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit existed in the beginning, they exist as one now, and they always will exsist as God in 3 persons.
    --------------------------
    Jesus did exist with God since the beginning, but not in a trinity, he is Gods only son, not 3 in 1 that doesnt even make sense.
    Anonymous

• Jesus did exist with God since the beginning, but not in a trinity, he is Gods only son, not 3 in 1 that doesnt even make sense.

So you're polytheistic believing in more than one god?  Do you reject the bible or do you think it teaches that there is more than one god?  For me, the Bible teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9 the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). So since it teaches there four truths it would mean that all three are somehow the one God.  (cont)

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 5:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• There are a ton of analogies of how three can be one - the shamrock (three leaves one plant), the egg (yolk,white, shell), time (past, present, future), space (depth, lenght, heigth). The Trinity is not something I'll fully understand, but since we're talking about divine, eternal Creator of All I don't expect me with my limited human mind to understand God completely.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 5:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Erin:
    You wrote this.. It was in a garden where Adam refused to obey. Jesus bared that curse in a garden. The tree in the Garden of Eden was the wrong tree. The cross, the right tree.

Wow that just jumped off the page.. I never saw that before... profound! Thanks for sharing! ... this would be a perfect status on facebook... can I take it ?!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Wow that just jumped off the page.. I never saw that before... profound! Thanks for sharing! ... this would be a perfect status on facebook... can I take it ?!

Thanks. Sure you can - "The tree in the Garden of Eden was the wrong tree. The cross, the right tree" was on a sticky by my computer - so I'm not sure where it came from originally, but it was profound to me too.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010