Sexual Abuse Question.

There was a question posted earlier about mothers not knowing when their child is being abused, and it got me to thinking of abuse by family members.

Could you imagine finding 0ut your husband was sexually abusing your daughter?

I think we all tell ourselves not my husband we've been together for blah blah years, and I'm his best friend, i would know..... but it happens, it happens to somebody. It could be any of us.

Society tells us its normal for men to be attracted to younger and younger women/girls everyday. (remember Britney Spears' first video?)

Do any of you ever think about it?

Seriously what would you do if you walked into your daughters room and your husband jumped up from sitting on her bed?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think about it. If i were to see that happened, I would grab my child and I would leave, just try to get as far as way as possible. I would take her to the hospital and thats when I would call the cops.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Are you kidding? Just because a guy thinks Brittney Spears in a school girl outfit is hot is a far cry from that guy actually forcing himself on a young girl, let alone his own DAUGHTER!

Honestly, if you believe your husband would be capable of that, just based on the fact that men like to look at hot young women, I think you need therapy....
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Anouck, the OP has a point.. I don't think it has anything to do with Brittany Spears tho. I think any husband is capable of doing such a thing. It happens all the time. Most of the time when children are abused it is from family members or someone close to them.. The community is always shocked with the news because most of the men are in high standing with work, church, the community etc. My grandmother did not think her husband of 50 years was capable of it, but he was. My aunt didn't think her husband was capable of it but he was also. Do I think my husband is/has, no, but I don't rule it out as a possibility. I don't suspect him, and never have but I do watch. No one was there to protect me, and I will not deny the fact that you really don't know a persons' true intentions.
    Anonymous