How could you be pro-life but also pro-death penalty?

Shouldn't pro-life people want to protect everyone, not just the unborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• maybe they feel that an unborn child has done nothing wrong. as for the ones on death row, they HAVE hurt people.
    Anonymous

• Unborn babies dont hurt anyone. Someone who is a criminal & gets the point where the death penalty is an option is a different story. That person chose to kill someone & is suffering the consequences. A baby that hasnt been born yet has no choices of their own.
    Anonymous

• 2 completely different things- I am pro-choice mostly because I wouldn't want people trying to do it with hangers and whatnot- i think it is safer for it to be legal
    I have issues with the death penalty.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Pro-life: against taking the life of innocent babies. Pro-death penalty: supports taking the life of convicted murderers. I do think there's a big difference. I'm pro-life but not sure where I stand on the death penalty.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I was not sure where I stood on the death penalty until the snipers in the dc area years ago, those of us living in the area where scared to death all the time, and there is no way to explaine it to those who werent in the area, after that I decided that in some cercumstaces I am ok with the death penalty - I would have prefered a public shooting for those guys.......
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No idea. This is something I've never understood. Yes, I understand that an unborn child is innocent, and that a criminal is not, but it's still a LIFE.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I don't get that either. It's pro-LIFE, and a life is a life. If it's wrong to take one, how is it not wrong to take the other. I mean the Bible says "Thou shalt not kill", not "thou shalt not kill unless ..."
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• The Bible also says an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, etc. If we did to these people on death row what they did to their victims I think you'd have a lot less crime. The problem would be finding someone innocent who is willing to do it. You'd have to keep at least a couple of them just to do the punishment.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• A criminal chooses to commit a crime that forfeits their life - they are essentially suicidal, just with a very drawn out and expensive method. I have no problem with anyone choosing to end their own life, and that is what every death row inmate has done, just like any stage 4 cancer patient living in constant pain taking a little extra morphine at one time. The unborn baby has not made the choice to day, someone else has taken it upon themselves to do that for them because they're too inconvenient.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I agree with the original question. I am pro-life. I do not believe humans have the right to take another human's life from conception to natural death. I think if you believe in the death penalty and are not pro-choice, then you are not pro-life. You are anti-abortion.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010