Am i being a neurotic mom?

My DS has leaned his head to the left ever since he was born, pretty much. At 3 months i started wondering if he had torticollis, so scheduled an appt w/his doc and started doing some stretches.. A few days B4 his apt, he started holding t straight, so doc said it's normal, don't worry. A week later, sideways. A week after that, straight. A week after that, sideways, and I him in again. His left ear touches his shoulder, and he screams if I try to straighten his head. I'm SO not the type to take my kid to the doc for every little thing--I avoid doctors! Again she said he was fine, keep doing what I'm doing and it will be fine in two months. Trouble is, I'm still concerned, and looking at TOT collars. Should I just chill, or would you be worried, too?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd take him to a good chiropractor.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I would find a new ped or ask for a referral, that sounds like torticollis to me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I would surely look into it further. My daughter had it but she eventually out grew it. But she used to get horrible yeast infections on that side of her neck because it was impossible to keep it under there.
    Anonymous

• Find a different Ped. Your child is obviously uncomfortable and you are noticing something this other doc is obviously missing! Lots of luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I think you should ask your pedi to refer you to a specialist - that way the person who does the exam knows exaclty what they're looking for and you can get an answer you can trust. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• get another opinion
    my2turkeys

Answer by my2turkeys at 1:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• SOrry left out a word..it was impossible to keep it DRY under there...sorry lol
    Anonymous

• video tape him when he is doing it.
    Anonymous

• OP here: I took him in just yesterday and he was doing it.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No, I would request a specialist just to be sure since it's coming and going.

Co worker had to do physical theraphy with her child due to his head being to just the one side. It was something about the neck muscles.
    Anonymous