Does it bug you when people try to have a conversation over the TV?

I didn't grow up with a tv, and don't have one now, so I'm not used to the "background" noise. At my SIL's house recently, the TV was on a lot, and people were talking at the same time and it was driving me nuts. If there's something worth watching, i want to watch and not be interrupted. If there's nothing worth watching, it's annoying to have it going on in the background when I'm trying to talk to someone. And one more thing, why don't people use the mute button during commercials? Or is that just my SIL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• Hmm... well I'm thinking it COULD just be you.

Most people in this day and age grew up with the TV on. Not everyone, but most of us. So it's just background noise. Most of us don't even really register it unless it's something we want to watch!

I think the best thing to do would either just learn to live with it or always have people over to your own home. I think if you tried to complain about this to people they might think you're a little nuts...

To clarify, I don't think your nuts at all! I know we're all different and all have different things that get to us.. but if I've learned anything from this site, it's that people will never hesitate to judge and be mean..

Good luck! = )
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010