Should medical expenses provided only by one parent be the resposibilty of just that parent? Or should the other be obligated to parent pay half?

I know someone who is doing this and it drives me crazy! She says just because the dad provides health insurance she doesn't feel she needs to pay for any of it, no co-pays, no monthly bill, no prescriptions. What would you say to her to make her see what she s doing isn't right? Or fair!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH provides insurance for his son, but all out of pocket is split, co-pays, prescriptions, etc. That is what the court decided. In addition, if DH's ex goes out of network without consulting DH first, we don't pay. He pays hundreds of dollars every month for insurance, the least she can do is stay in network.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• In our child support papers it says my son's dad is 100% responsible for his medical & dental....he must provide insurance & pay for any incidental costs. Unfortunately over the years, I have had to pay some things & try to get my money back from him. He only has to pay me about 200 in child support so, it isnt like he's going broke over the kid!
    Anonymous