Public or Private?

What school do you or did you put your child in? Public or Private?

Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• neither, my kids are home-schooled, because I feel that is what is best for our family.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Public because it's all I could afford but wish it could have been private since they seem to care a great deal more about a childs education.
    Anonymous

• my girls are in the separate school system - its the Catholic school system - it IS public you just have to be catholic to attend. its GREAT!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I went to catholic school growing up & you do NOT have to be catholic to attend. There were kids in my class who weren't I wasnt for a few years til I converted but it was entirely up to me to do so.

As for my own kids, they attend public. I can't afford private school for 5 kids. So that's the way it is.
    Anonymous

• our schools here you need to be baptised catholic to attend. different country, different rules.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My little ones are in private preschool, and my older one attends public school. We have considered private school several times, but the cost and commute for the older one are prohibitive.
    Anonymous

• Public. We can't afford private.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Public. I would love to do private but the one I want is a little further away than I would like to make my child commute. He is getting a good education so far in our Public school.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 2:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I homeschool until high school. All five of mine. We live on one public teacher's salary, which isn't much. We do without a lot of things, but it is better for our children. We now have our oldest daughter in college (and doing well), one daughter in public high school, and three still at home. Not only do we have a great bond, but my children learn discipline, life skills, and learn that learning is a joy, not a burden. I try to teach them discernment and wisdom, not just academics. I teach them what the Bible says. And like my second said, "I don't think you are supposed to correct God!" They learn who is in authority, and how to respect that authority no matter what anyone else says or does. Realize that public teachers and administrators have their hands tied by bad parents who have threatened to sue the school system for just about anything under the sun! If there is no true discipline, there is no true learning.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 2:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• hypermamaz: You do NOT have to be Catholic to attend a Catholic school and they are NOT public schools. They are private/parochial schools.

I went to a Catholic school for 9 years and we had nonCatholics attending. My son goes to public school because private is too expensive and doesn't have all the resources that the public school system in my city does. I HATED Catholic school, too many people where into your business that had NO right being in it. There are just more opportunities in public schools and the education is just as good. A school doesn't make an education, the teachers do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010