so my son is 4 and a half and is partially potty trained. the problem is going number 2. he is so consipated that he runs around with a pull up on to get it out. and he still wears pull ups to bed.please help any ideas welcome

pooping problems....

lilmama54216

Asked by lilmama54216 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can try and give him things like prune juice and applesauce to loosen him up More fiber in his diet might help. Have you checked with the Dr? A medical problem could be causing this also.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• He shouldn't be constipated. You need to feed him more fiber and make him drink more water. If he doesn't like water, you can get him some flaver packets to mix with. But milk and juice can constipate a kid. As for sleeping in a pull up. That should have been taken care of when you potty drained him. Mine only used those when we were in the car for long amounts of time. don't let him drink anything before bed, and make him use the bathroom before he goes to sleep...that should help
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I know a lot of kids do this. My brother in law works in the ER and says lots of kids have to come in and get a enema to make them poop bc they don't want to go on the toilet. You should give him foods that will make him have to go wout a pull up on. I took the diapers off my son and didn't leave the house until he got the potty training down. I gave him a treat when he went. I had him completly potty trained in 2 weeks.
    cherylann524

Answer by cherylann524 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• We had to put our little on one miralax. After about a month, pooping wasn't scaring her any more, and we gradually weaned her off of it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010