Is there any way to "encourage" hair growth....

...I know it is my own vanity...but I want my little girls hair to grow. I can't put in any bows or pretties and she is such a beautiful little thing. Anyone have any tips on getting it to grow in faster? My boys have thick lovely hair...what happens to my little girl...

(yes I know this is frivilous and silly...but I am just very curious to know if ther is anything I can do?

Mintavia

Asked by Mintavia at 2:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have just heard combing,or brushing it alot.You could ask your beautician.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• There is nothing you can do. Everyone has it programed how fast there hair will grow and how long it will be. I know this because at one point we were worried about my oldest hair. We went and saw a specialist and that is what were told. she just had really stringy, slow growing and doesn't get more then an inch or two past her shoulders.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I doubt it. My son didn't have hair until well after his first birthday.. It's just the way he is.. What about elastic headbands with bows in the meantime if you really need it?
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it really helped or him getting older but my son just turned 1 and up til 11 months he didn't have much hair at all. We continuously would rub his head when we were putting him to sleep or walked by him. Also put lotion on his head to help maybe stimulate. Like I said, not really sure that it was our doing, but it seemed to help. He still doesn't have much but it is atleast thicker now. :) Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010