What is your best idea for using duct tape?

There was a question about using it to keep a toddlers diapers on. What are some good ideas for the uses of this miracle tape...this wonder of the modern age! Did you know you can get duct tape in fastion colors and designs at the craft store?

Mintavia

Asked by Mintavia at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• wart removal
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Duct tape has been known to help get rid of warts. People have also created duct tape wallets.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• The covering/coating over the rack in my dishwasher cracked, and my daughter put duct tape over it. My daughter is a tape fanatic - she always used to ask for it for Christmas when she was little, and so I always put it in her stocking (sort of like a joke now, but she does actually enjoy it). She has used it for all sorts of things. She taped a mop bucket to a skateboard to make a little race car thing. I have used it on the garage floor to mark the area for each kids bike and toys (anything left outside their area is mine!
    Anonymous

• I used duct tape on my blow up santa outside this past Christmas. He had a slight hole in him and it worked. My son's toy phone has duct tape on where the batteries go since the screw area broke. We love duct tape and goop here. They fix everything :)
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 2:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Removing Plantars Warts. Holding my bumper on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• warts!

I put it on my psoriasis flare ups when we were backcountry camping - to keep the really icky ickies out.

household pretty much everything.

and when I was doing the breast cancer walks (for the past 5 years) they use duct tape on blistered spots and to basically hold you together if you hurt yourself. hurts like a bitch to take off but held everything in there (I had a stress fracture on my foot from pushing too far - it helped get to the finish line)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• oh and that duct tape from the cancer walks - was PINK. lol
    hypermamaz

• My stupid sisters mouth.
    Anonymous

• anon, that's a great idea. I'm going to do that tonight.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My son's friend made a suit for the winter ball and hubby made a wallet with it!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2010