Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help? (SIL question)

Okay, so my SIL has her kid taken away. She was into some hard drugs last year, but gets random drug tests and has been clean for a year, but she still has to go to court, and do more things before she can get her kid back. She always wants to baby sit my son, and I do trust her with him, but my question is could CPS start stuff with me by letting her watch him for a little while, since she doesn't have her own kid? And if CPS can start stuff with me, how do I tell her I can't allow her to watch her nephew, she has been going through so much I'm scared it would just break her heart.


Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I don't think CPS will "start stuff" unless they have a reason to be suspicious meaning someone has called them on her or you. If she is a registered sex offender and has to stay away from children for some reason or another legally, then that might be an issue, but she would be the one to answer to the law not you. If there is some legal reason why she is not allowed to be around children, then you may not want her to watch your son, but just because her children were taken away doesn't mean she can't watch your child. Read up on the laws in your state, but I doubt CPS will investigate unless they believe that you are for some reason an unfit mother. Someone would have to report you and there would have to evidence.

    Answer by lowencope at 3:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

  • yep, lowencope pretty much summed it up. I agree.

    Answer by -KaylaLee- at 3:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

Next question in Relationships
depressed sister

Next question overall (Religion & Beliefs)
What's an "apologist"?