Bartholin cyst? [tmi,....]

ok so i was getting ready to take a shower, and i noticed a small bump on the left side of my vaginal lip, it wasn't anything i was too concerned about, i thought maybe it was a zit or something. but after i took my shower and started getting dressed i noticed it was significantly bigger, and it hurt alot more, especially after i put my underwear on. i checked webmd to see what it could be and i found Bartholin cyst. its kinda hard to explain what it is, but it has something to do with your glands getting infected, and u get a cyst over them. i was just woundering if anyone has had one of these or knows what i can do to make it go away? i think i'll call my doctor if it gets worse , but i would rather get advice on a home remedy first because doctor visits are expensive...

Wife_Mommy_18

Asked by Wife_Mommy_18 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Health

• you either have to wait it out for it to pop, which can be very painful, or go to your Dr to have it drained
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i had that and OMG it hurt so bad. it only felt good when i peed for some reason. if it gets too big (i waited a while before i went in, so it got pretty big) the doc will have to put a catheder in it so the infection can drain out, then you'll have to make another appt for him to take it out.
    Anonymous

• Hun it could be a boil. Do you shave ms. puss?? I had one of those on my labia once and it tripled in size, hurt like the dickens. Try hot packing your girly bits. Best of luck sweets
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Go to the Dr. and have it drained. To relieve the pain, you can try sitting in a warm, shallow bath.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• go to the dr. I had that, didnt go right away, got large and infected. I had a fever and chills, by the time i got to the hospital they had to remove it right away.
    Anonymous

• Are you sure that is what it is? I thought I had one, I looked it up in a book. So, I called my doctor told them that I had a cyst. Come to find out it wasn't that kind. They told me to take ibuprofen 3 times a day for 3 days. Then put about an inch of hot water and a bath and soak for 15 mins a day. Mine went away.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• hello everyone i have had five in a year. they best thing to do is either use a hot wash cloth(as hot as you can handle) or sit in hot water for a while it will help. i know if u have kids i is very hard to do. the whole reason i have had 5 is because the hospital that is by my house did not have any word cathers anywhere so it does not drain all the infection out. but i do reccomend the hot water or wash cloth. and i will pop and relieve alot of pressure. but then u have to make sure you squzze all of the infection out. sorry for being so gross. good luck
    ashley451985

Answer by ashley451985 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2010