My boyfriend keeps looking at porn, should I break up with him?

My boyfriend has been looking at porn. I went on his computer, and found some porn with Brazilian women. Then I went to borrow his phone and found some more pictures of Brazilian women. My boyfriend is Brazilian, but I am Puerto Rican. Do you think subconciously the cultural difference bothers him? Should I break up with him?

Gari0902

Asked by Gari0902 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• If that is a deal breaker for you, then yes.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I'd only worry if he's looking at brazilllian MEN!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Um in my opinon if it's not replacing you or affecting your relationship with him then I dont' see the big deal. Porn is like anything else. Think of drinking. Drinking isnt' a problem untill it becomes habitual. Porn is the same way. I've personally never had a problem with porn, but it's never "replaced" me. My hub doesnt' treat me any different and I am not degraded by what other women do. But it's all a personal choice. And again if it's affecting your relationship, like any addiction would, then yes I would break up with him. But if the only reason you know he's looking at porn is because you are snooping around, then the problem is more yours than his
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i would rather have him look at porn than go out and cheat...but if it bothers you talk to him about it....if you love him you wouldn't just break up with him.....you need to talk
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Let him know it bothers you. Then if he still does it and you don't like it then leave if you think that is what is worth leaving him for. You also have to realize men do that. they are sexual beings and will do it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It's natural for guys to look at porn. I wouldn't worry about it. I personally don't think you have ANY business looking into his phone or his computer. You are being really nosey. That isn't your business. What IS your business is your relationship. Does he treat you differently? Do you two still go do normal things together? If the relationship is doing fine, then why care if he looks at porn?
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 3:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Not all men look at porn so if you don't like him looking at it and he is so weak he feels he needs it I would move on.
    Anonymous

• Porn is "An affair of the mind." Yes, break up with him. He is disrespectful of you. Normally, this kind of thing leads to an actual affair...just ask my best friend who is going through a divorce because her man, after YEARS of looking at porn, decided to have a affair (with her sister), and then started paying prostitutes. It gets progressively worse. Leave him and let him know why so he won't make the same mistake with his next relationship.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 3:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

LOL!!!

Is it the pron that bothers you or the Nationality or the women?
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 3:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yep. Time to hit the road. It doesn't matter what nationality the women are. They ain't you and that's a problem for a woman who wants her man to have eyes only for her, which I'm convinced is most of us. Just tell him you ain't into sharing your man's affections, and tell him ta-ta or whatever they say in Brazillian.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2010