Sinus Infection

I went to the Dr's alittle less then 2 weeks ago and was put on amoxicilin for a sinus infection. I am 30 weeks pregnant and was having horrible pain/pressure in my face and teeth! I even went to the dentist thinking it was something wrong with my teeth and was told nope that is sinus pressure. Well I was on the amoxicilin for 10 days and it did help alittle but I still have some sinus pressure/pain. I am also still brining up green phlem. My dr told me they couldn't give me anything else with being pregnant and told me it was good that I was brining up green cause it ment it was breaking up. Has anyone had to do two rounds on antibiotics while pregnant...I don't think my Dr will do that but I go see my OB for an appt in a week and was going to ask them what I could do. I have been using a cool mist humidifer, saline spray and netti pot! Anyone have any suggestions??

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Health

• Can you take prescription psuedophed when pregnant? That is the only thing that works for my sinuses. I use humidifiers and netti pots as well. Try to increase your consumption of Garlic it works well for infections. Also, squashes too they are a great winter food packed full of vitamins to ward of illnesses. Hope you're feeling better!
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• ask your OB if you can inhale water vapor, that helps with the inflammation of the sinuses and help draining it, relieving pressure.
    Anonymous