what would you do?

I know most of you have better ways to spend your day than to read this & answer me, so if you do, thank you so much!
I don't have any friends. No, really I don't! I had friends here & there, but we never get close. I have three daughters & a wonderful husband. Mostly his friends are mine. But they are all guys. I don't really have female interaction, besides w/ my daughters.
My brother's fiance & I don't really get along because we don't see eye to eye on anything. She is overprotective w/ her child & I let my girls be kids. My other SIL & I used to be pretty close, but she is getting on my nerves lately. She acts like everything I do is because she is doing it or if I do something, she has already been doing it forever. Then she posts little quotes on her fb page that sounds like she is saying I copy her. It's just stupid to me.
How do you make friends? I am shy & scared of change, I guess. I need friends!

IWantLotsOfKids

Asked by IWantLotsOfKids at 3:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• look for a moms group for you to join
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Take a community class or join a craft group.
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 3:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Kitty kat had a good answer, church is another good way to get involved with others, good for the soul, too. :)
    I don't know if you work outside the home, but I try to get together with co-workers. Lots of them are moms, but they're younger and single, so I feel like I'm out of the loop usually. lol. Anyway, you've got to get out of the house because friends won't find you there, I speak from experience. :) Good luck, mamma!
    -KaylaLee-

Answer by -KaylaLee- at 3:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I didn't really have any until I joined a mom's club. I also made quite a few once my daughter started Kindergarten. You have to reach out and be a little vulnerable to find a few people you really click with. I'm sure if you extend your friendship, someone will respond and be happy to extend theirs to you.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Find some community activities or a local moms group and go. Start off slow if you are shy and just nod and smile but dont fold your arms in front of you cuz that seems to make people think you are closed off.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Honey, the internet IS my social life! I usually go to yahoo! answers on P&S...I'm on my 20somethingeth account there. It is a way to kill brain cells, so long as you don't get sucked in by trolls.
    Anonymous

• Ill be your friend, where are you? HA, i have 0 friends either..here that is. I have plenty of close friends where I grew up and visit whenever we can. I moved from MS, to Houston,and have 0 real friends. I hang out with no one. I have one friend and we call each other every now and then, i watch her kid she watches mine, but we dont hang out or go do things like i do when im "back home" with m real friends. I've joined mommy groups, NONE of them are like me and i dont click well with any of them. I'm not a horrible person, and im not weird or crazy anything (ha, dont ask my husbands opinion ;) ) but, i am kind of shy and dont always "make the first move". The moms i've met so far in the mommy groups are a either overly sheltered,act like their old mothers and then theres those that don't care..at all..i need a good middle part. Im thinking about going back to school in the fall...
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• might help you too if you took a class of something your interested in at a local college or community club.. good luck :)
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2010