questions about my 4 month old

My 4 month old daughter used to hold her head up very well when laying on her belly but now she just lets he face hit the floor and kicks her legs so that the lower part of her body goes up and he face, chest and arms are flat on the floor....

is this normal? I thought she would be holding her head up better now and pushing up with her arms a bit but she doesn't use her arms for support or to lift herself at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like she is tring to get her knees under her for whne they push up. If she is uncomfortable the try putting a rolled up towel under her chest.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• my son is the same way, but i've come to notice that he CAN push himself up, he just doesn't want to. he's done it a few times, and very well, but the majority of the time he does what your daughter does, same with rolling over.. he does it pretty well, but he doesn't do it unless he's in a really good mood that day, if he's fussy he just squirms.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 4:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2010