What???

Ok, so I took a pregnancy test this afternoon and I waited the 2 minutes and there was no postitive hcg line. so I went on with my day then I went to throw the test away and I saw a faint positive line. What does that mean??? My periods are so irregular so I don't really remember when my last period was. What do you guys think? Is it positive?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• tests are not valid after a certain amount of time, check the instructions, typically after 10 min
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have had that happen and was not pregnant. After 10 mins they can give you a false postive. Just wait a week and if no period test again.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/falsepositive.html

this is cut and pasted from the above website.

Missed Reaction Time For accuracy in home pregnancy tests it is essential that you read the test results in the stipulated reaction time. If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid. This may cause it to show false positive results.

Anonymous

• If you tested in afternoon then assumably you peed in the morning when waking up and even during night. Most home pregnancy tests should be done with first morning urine cause it's been in you for likely several hours over night for the hormones to build up in you to test most accurately.

Next week when you test in addition to checking how long tests are accurate also test first morning urine!!!!

Good Luck!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• With my daughter this same thing happened and I of course ended up being pregnant with her. hmmmm
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had the same thing happen to me with my first son and I had irregular periods to and I just took another one the next day and it was positive so who's maybe do it again in the morning
    momtoPMCandJNC

Answer by momtoPMCandJNC at 4:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010