What do I use to hang a plant from my ceiling?

I have a 10-15 lb viney plant that I want to hang. I have a drywall ceiling. I bought this hook thing but it screws directly into the drywall, without finding a stud, and says that there's a maximum 15 lb weight capacity. Should I take it back and get a different type of hook, or do you that that the hook will hold without pulling through the drywall? What have you done to hang stuff in your house? Thanks!

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Duct tape.

Ok, failing that, what you need is a what's called a molly. The molly goes through the hole in the drywall and spreads the weight out over a section. Then the swag hook screws into the molly.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My husband says he wouldn't hang anything from the ceiling unless it's from a stud. He says you can get drywall anchors that will support a little more weight, but he still wouldn't use those.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Definately use a hook that screws directly into a stud. Have you thought of putting an "arm" hook on the wall up high?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2010