At what age is your baby awake the whole day and only taking "naps" and how many naps a day is it? 4 or 5 or more like 3?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started staying awake other than naps at 2 months. he takes 3-4 naps a day, ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 4:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• mine quit naps at 18 months (not for lack of my trying to get them to nap too).

if my youngest (3) has had an active day - zoo, hiking, swimming - she may fall asleep in the truck to get the others from school but thats about it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• it depends on the kid. Mine 3 and a half. My little one still naps.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• no i meant. newborn wise. when do they stop sleeping and stay awake most of the day while only taking a few naps
    Anonymous

• I don't remember mine were both took naps 2 times a day at 9 and then again at 11 or 12 until they were like 18 months old. Don't remember how iold they were when they stopped sleeping all day though. My 2 year ol now take a nap at 1130 or 12 and wakes up anywhere from 1 or 3 my 4.5 year old sometimes I make her go to her room for quiet time or to try to nap, but she hasn't really taken a nap since she was about 3
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• all three were only having one nap a day by 8-9 months.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Uhh...from birth. Mine never napped.

But it's going to vary baby to baby. There's no age you can count on for anything to do with sleep.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My youngest wasn't awake for a majority of the day until around 6 months. At that point he was up in the morning at 7, went to bed at 7 pm and took 2-2 hour naps in between.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010