38 weeks & sudden diarrhea? TMI sorry!

I'm 38 weeks and some odd days pregnant, I went into "false" labor last Sunday for 10 hours, and all of a sudden got sick today. My stomach cramped up, and I had diarrhea, and feel like I'm going to vomit, dose this mean anything? or do you think I've suddenly gotten a stomach virus???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This happened at the onset of my labor. Don't count on it for sure-but maybe
    Anonymous

• not sure I was induced with both of mine, but I guess it could mean labor, but if you went to the hospital at all when you went into false labor you could have cought something from the hospital since when girls are pregnant they catch everything anyway
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Could be a virus, could be early labor. No way to really say for sure because labor starts out differently for lots of women, and it can take hours or days.
    Anonymous

• That happened to me a few days before I went into labor with my daughter...I think it is natures way of clearing out those bowels before hand, because having all of the (excuse the pun) crap in your system can actually inhibit labor. That is why before they knew it was unhealthy and not needed the docs used to have women get enemas before labor...silly men...nature knows best :-) good luck!
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• happen to me a few hours before I went into labor with my son, I thought I ate something bad but then my water broke about three hrs later, lol, not sure whether it was just a coincidence but it could be possible your body is getting ready for labor. If you really concerned I would call your doctor. Might want to check you to see if your dialated or your dr. may tell you its nothing. Doesn't hurt to call and check.
    Anonymous

• i had that issue on and off for 3weeks after my c-section, it was my muscles changen the doc said.
    Anonymous